We Educate. We Advocate. We Celebrate.
We educate members of the community on the economic benefits that local business and agriculture brings to our county.
We educate on the dynamics of our living choices, decisions, spending choices and how these choices impact our farming and business community.
We educate on the benefits of connecting the links from field to fork and our local business community.
How we educate
- Eat Local, Hug a Farmer talk series
- Locally-owned small business mentoring
- High school farm talks geared to culinary and future farmers
- Farm-related talk series with college culinary program
- Social media: Farm Fact Fridays and Throw Back Business Thursdays
- Farm Tours for the general public
- Chef Farm Tours
- Articles: newsprint, website, social media
- Downloadable, printable online resource guides listing all agrotourism, farm stands, CSA, Farmers’ Markets and locally-owned businesses.
- Radio show: The Tom & Kat Local 805 radio show on KVTA 1590 AM featuring local history, small business highlights, farm facts and more
- TV show: Going Local featuring farmers, ranchers, chefs, purveyors, locally-owned small businesses
- Monthly newsletters
- Coming in 2016: The Junior Chef and Junior Farmer Youth education programs
- Coming in 2016: Totally Local Maps highlighting area wineries, breweries, agrotourism, U picks, farmers’ markets and farm stands
We collaborate with our farms, ranches, purveyors and local business community to help build a stronger awareness of their offerings, issues and brand.
Totally Local VC targets the most important aspects of our partners’ business plans. Through helping with brand awareness, community outreach, marketing and connecting with other local businesses, we truly help to link local businesses to the community.
How we collaborate
- Brand awareness
- Community outreach
- Building partnerships
- Collaborate on events and promotions
- Increased bottom line (positive financial impact)
- Share content through our media channels
- Linking: working to connect partners with community partners
- Linchpins: helping to connect our community business owners
We celebrate the concept of living and supporting our area farmers, ranchers, purveyors and businesses.
How We Celebrate
- Totally Local VC’s Dinner at the… Farm-to-Fork Dinner Series
- Totally Local VC’s Farm-to-Glass Mixers: working to introduce farmers, chefs, purveyors, local businesses to our community
- Totally Local VC’s Taste of Local Expo
- Events and outreach
- Coming in 2016: Totally Local VC’s The VC Localist book release